Legacies - A Gift In Your Will to Ewell Castle
Who needs a will
If you don't leave a will, your estate is shared out in a standard way defined by law (the 'law of intestacy') – which might not be in line with what you would have wanted, so it is prudent for most people to have a will.
Reasons for writing a will
There are many reasons for writing a will, including:
- You have dependent children
- You aren't married to your partner
- You're worried about inheritance tax
- Your personal circumstances change. Write or update your will when you marry, divorce or have kids to ensure the right people stand to benefit
- You have specific funeral wishes
- You own property with someone else or overseas
- You wish to leave money or specific items to charities, people and or causes that are important to you
Advice on how to leave a gift in your will to Ewell Castle School
For advice on giving to charity to reduce an inheritance tax bill, please consult your financial adviser, solicitor or visit the HMRC website for the most up to date information: https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax/giving-to-charity-to-reduce-an-inheritance-tax-bill
For information on writing a will, visit the Money Saving Expert website https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/free-cheap-wills/
To leave a bequest or gift in your will to Ewell Castle School, you will need to include the School's full charity name and number in your will, to ensure that your bequest does indeed get to the School.
Ewell Castle School charity name and address: Ewell Castle School, Church Street, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 2AW
Ewell Castle School registered charity number: 312079
If you have already drawn up your Will
If you have already drawn up your will, you may add a bequest by way of a Codicil. A Codicil Form and Codicil Guidelies can be downloaded by clicking on the box below.
Telling us about a bequest/gift to Ewell Castle School
You do not need to advise us if you are planning on including Ewell Castle School in your will, however, doing this will allow us to recognise and thank you in an appropriate way during your lifetime. If you tell us that you have planned to leave Ewell Castle School a bequest/gift in your will, you will be invited to join our Legacy Society.
Ewell Castle School 1926 Legacy Society
We are launching a Ewell Castle legacy society; so be a trailblazer and become a founding member of the 1926 Legacy Society by making a provision to leave a gift in your will to the School. You will benefit by;
- receiving an annual copy of the Ewellian School magazine, with a thank you included
- receivng recognition for your gift on the School website
- receiving an invitation for you and a guest to an annual VIP 1926 Legacy Society reception at the School
- receiving an invitation to a Legacy tour of the School and lunch with the Principal and some of our Sixth Form Prefects
Types of Gifts You Can Make
The three main types of gifts that you can make are:
RESIDUAL LEGACY is a gift of all (or a percentage of what is left) of the value of your estate after all other gifts have been made.
PECUNIARY LEGACY is a gift of a fixed sum of money that you can index link to preserve its value over time.
GIFT IN KIND is a gift of a specific item of property such as a house, shares or jewellery.
Please email us if you are considering leaving a gift in your will
If you are considering making a gift in your Will to Ewell Castle School, please email Ms Carol Hernandez, Marketing, Development and Alumni Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you.